Major Requirements at a Glance
For the most accurate current course offerings and requirements, as well as descriptions of each class, please see the Horticulture, B.S. Major Requirements page in the Guide.
Also note that every CALS student is required to take the University general education courses, as well as CALS general requirements. Beyond that, each CALS degree has its own requirements.
- Biology (151 and 152, or Bot 130+Zoo 101/102, or Biocore)
- Chemistry (103/104 or 109)
- Math (112 and 113, or 114, or 171)
- 3 credits required from Math 211, 217, 221, Stat 301, 371, Comp Sci 300
- Foundation Courses in Entomology, Genetics, Soil Science, Botany, and Plant Pathology
- Core Courses in Horticulture
- 5 credits of electives